Saturday, May 12, 2012

ALWAYS ON MY MIND

YOU are always on my mind.
  YOU change the way I see.
     Put my focus onto CHRIST,
And pull my eyes off ME!
YOU have granted me all things
To live a godly life.
It's only as I yield to grace,
I'll overcome the strife-
That comes from trying to achieve,
CHRIST- likeness on my own.
YOU give me YOUR promises.
I'll never walk alone.
Sin made me a broken mess.

Perfection's all YOU see.
You're delighting in YOURSELF.
YOUR SPIRIT lives in me!
YOU see JESUS' righteousness,
And not the times I fail.
YOU heap no condemnation,
And know that I'm so frail.
YOU forgive my former sins,
And give the faith I need.
You'll press me to repentance,
And cleanse each evil deed.
YOU are love; YOU'LL make me love.
You're truth; YOU"LL make me true.
By grace and for YOUR glory,
YOU'RE making me like YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment